Attorney John C. Sullivan joined the law practice of Herbert Finbury in 1976 to begin a decades long career as a trial attorney and general practitioner. He is a graduate of Tufts University and Boston University School of Law.
Over the course of forty three years with Finbury and Sullivan P.C., he touched the lives of thousands of individuals and families who sought his counsel while going through difficult or emotional experiences.
Mr. Sullivan established an enviable reputation among colleagues and clients alike for his calm legal counsel, hard work, and commitment to excellence.
He was awarded an “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell through its peer review process, which means that he was deemed as having the highest ethical standards and preeminent legal ability.
John was especially fortunate to partner with talented and dedicated attorneys, beginning with Herbert Finbury, an icon among his peers. For many years John also partnered with Daniel and John Finbury, both excellent seasoned attorneys and close friends. Daniel and John Finbury, along with their associates, continue to provide superior representation for their clients.
At present attorney John Sullivan has retired as a principal of the firm and is not taking new cases.
- Massachusetts, 1977
- New Hampshire, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire, 1977
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
J.D. – 1976
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
B.A. cum laude – 1972
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- New Hampshire Association for Justice
- New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Essex County Bar Association
- Haverhill Bar Association (past President)
- American Association for Justice