About Parenting Time & Visitation Rights Modification in Haverhill

In Haverhill, Massachusetts, a custody or parenting time arrangement can be changed by the court if someone can show a change in their circumstances or that the best interests of the child(ren) are not being met. A parenting time modification can be requested by one parent, or both if both parties can agree on the change. At Finbury & Sullivan, P.C., our team of experienced family law attorneys can help you make these important changes for your family.

About Modifications

If only one person wants to change a judgment on custody or parenting time in Haverhill, they must file a Complaint for Modification. The person filing this complaint is the plaintiff and the other party is the defendant. If one person wants to change a temporary order, they must use a Motion for Temporary Orders, where they ask the judge to make the change. If both parents agree on a change to a judgment and/or temporary order, they will have to submit a variety of forms and their respective fees. One of our family law attorneys can work with you to ensure you complete the appropriate paperwork.

Serving Papers

If only one person is seeking to make changes to a temporary order, they must serve the other party. A copy of these documents and the time, date, and location of the hearing must be submitted to the other party within 10 days of the hearing. If all forms have been filed and the court approves the modification, both parties will receive a copy of the decision in 30 days or less. Both parties must attend all hearings.

Call to Learn More About Parenting Time or Visitation Rights Modifications

As family law attorneys in Haverhill, we understand all family laws in the state of Massachusetts and can uphold them in all legal proceedings for our clients. In terms of parenting time or visitation rights modifications, we understand the paperwork and process that must be followed to get these changes implemented. If you want to learn more about modifying these agreements, contact our team of highly-rated family law attorneys at Finbury & Sullivan, P.C. by calling (978) 374-4736.